Author Topic: Some trains don't work correctly  (Read 3127 times)

vince_black

Some trains don't work correctly
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:50:06 AM »
PLEASE MOVE IT FROM "GENERAL DISCUSSION":

Hello, I'm newbie here and still consider to buy a full version. But I'm not sure if program works fine everytime. I opened territory "Toledo Terminal" and think some trains are not work well. For example I have there Amtrak 48 (from Chicago to Cleveland). Red line is more than 30 minutes on the same place and Train Details show he moves 25 mph. But in the last field (distance) is still changing values about 4,100 ft and 4,200 ft. Again and again. Funny and stupid. I don't talk about the fact he could block another trains go behind him.

Another example - train NS332, runs from Detroit North to Bellevue - distance isn't changing, still 1 mile, but actual speed is (more than hour) 35 miles  >:( :(

What do you think? Do you have the same experiences? Maybe I should throw out money from the window if I would buy it...  :-\

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Some trains don't work correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
If you have at least the standard license you can save the game and send the saved file over to me. Without that or any other detail it is difficult to say what is happening.

This jumping back and force is designed to happen if a collision is imminent, and it is there to avoid to have to untangle the mess (software wise) when it comes to remove the out-of-service trains later. The speed is set to 0 right away as a result of the collision - and of course you'll notice that when that happens.

But this seems to be not the case here. The distance you see in the train details window is the distance to the end of the current block, or the point where the head of the train is supposed to stop at the next station stop, whatever comes first. It gets smaller as the train moves long, until the end of block is reached, or a stop is honored. With 4100 ff (and no train ahead of it) there is no reason for anything else than running smoothly.

I have not encountered or heard of a similar situation like you're reporting. So I'm interested in more details. As said above, a saved file is the best way to start. If you run only the free version, you cannot save the game status, in which case I'd like to get at least the block number where the train head is located. E.g. you can make a screen snapshot showing the detailed train information

Engen

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:58:46 AM »
I've had these issues too, once or twice. They're not all that game breaking really. Are you still working on the game, DPump? I'm just curious.

DPump

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
There hasn't any development on this issue, so if anyone can save the game state when it is actually happening, I would really appreciate it. In the meantime I'm working on other issues (especially related to the editor ) and other improvements and features - and also the manual and some videos.