Author Topic: Muting the phone  (Read 2335 times)

NW1776

• My Facebook
Muting the phone
« on: May 06, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »
This is a much needed option to mute the phone and use a popup or something to indicate a train needs assistance. I have a few files I'm working on and during playthrough the phone gets to a point when it just won't stop ringing off the hook.

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Muting the phone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:04:22 PM »
You can "mute" the  phone by keeping it off hook. You can also answer the calls by responding to wait a little bit longer (default can be changed) in order to reduce the frequency of calls.

Popups seem to be not to be a realistic way to request communications from your virtual partners to you. I can be wrong, but I doubt that popups are used in the real world we try to simulate. But maybe we can add text messaging as a possible way of communications. Radio communications would be another possibility, however, it would be not so much different than using the phone (with the exception to be able to send a broadcast to all listeners), so that option was not pursued.

In a future version of CTC we plan to allow a no-call feature for stops at signals, possibly per traintype.

westdetroit

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »
Or a "tone", which would be very realistic,  with a screen with the train, maintainence, etc  who is calling "highlighted" in red. Then you can pick whoever you want to speak to at the moment, which is also realistic. This way you're not "tied up" answering a non urgent call. Just a suggestion.

NW1776

• My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 01:42:16 PM »
Or a "tone", which would be very realistic,  with a screen with the train, maintainence, etc  who is calling "highlighted" in red. Then you can pick whoever you want to speak to at the moment, which is also realistic. This way you're not "tied up" answering a non urgent call. Just a suggestion.

I love this idea!!