Author Topic: Lock Lights/Indications  (Read 3922 times)

westdetroit

Lock Lights/Indications
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »
I was wondering if maybe we can have switch lock lights/indications (either a dot above the switch or a box around the switch etc) for when a user locks a switch. It would help identify which switches are "locked" especially on a complicated route and so one doesn't wait on a route to clear if it's stacked but the route won't clear because the user forgot that the switch is locked, not that I would ever do that (sarcasm lol). :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:59:28 AM by westdetroit »

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Lock Lights/Indications
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:05:12 PM »
There are numerous possibilities to add display enhancements, like the one you mention, but also in (future) cases where we simulate switch failures of some kind where you need to send a repair crew.
A dot might be difficult, though, since we use dots already for slip switches to indicate which side you can move from one crossing track to another. Besides, on those switches you have two motors which can be locked independently. A grid element can be awfully crowded there.

Possibilities are using different colors and also to display the lock status in the status line when the mouse hovers over the object.

westdetroit

Re: Lock Lights/Indications
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
Sounds good. Also, (a little off topic) I can't wait to submit Toledo Yard and Dearborn territories as they use single and double slips. ;)