Author Topic: Basic Questions  (Read 3314 times)

CarolinaRailfan

Basic Questions
« on: March 09, 2020, 02:42:20 PM »
I'm new to the forum but a big fan of the CTC Simulator. I have looked at and read up on what is on the website, and I have a couple questions:

Are there any additional routes out there for one to download other than what is on the website?

Also- can someone explain to me in layman's terms the reason for buying a license? Is it just for more trains to run in a scenario, or is there more to it?

Thanks so much!

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Basic Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »
The STANDARD license generally allows you to save the game state, so you can continue to play at a later time. The  EDITOR license allows you to create and save your own territories as well as any PREMIUM version of any territory.  Both standard and editor licences are valid for the installation of CTC for which the licenses were purchased for.
The PREMIUM licences, which are valid only for the territory it is assigned to, may give access to features not available otherwise. Examples may include the permissive stop feature (after stopping the train may proceed on red without having to get permission from you first), switching routes, or future features like helper function or the requirement of crew changes if the crew time expires. As already mentioned, this licence allows you to modify the territory if you also have the editor license.

See -> http://webrailroader.com/ctc/the-registration-model/ for  further information.

As for more territories - it has been a  little bit quiet in the last couple of years, but we have received just recently  a bunch of territories that we are working on right now for the purposes on publishing on our website. There are at least a dozen of them in the loop.

Your WebRailRoader
Detlef Pump