Author Topic: Train stopped in block  (Read 2443 times)

tomwhite56

Train stopped in block
« on: March 04, 2022, 08:30:09 PM »
So this is no doubt going to seem like a stupid question.  I'm good at those.
On the BNSF Stockton Fresno etc. territory, a train travels from the beginning of the route at A2 all the way to the end, at BA, and goes out to to BL, heading for Bakersfield, and never moves after that.  Meanwhile the dispatcher on Bakersfield wants me to open an entry point on a block that is perpetually occupied.  I tell the train to go ahead at normal speed, back up, whatever, and it just sits there.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.  Can someone help?

Thank you!

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Train stopped in block
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 06:43:06 AM »
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

There are three possibilities to get into a stuck situation with no apparent way to get out: either it is the dispatchers fault, a problem in the schedule, or a problem in the software.

For this territory, you should be able to get any train out of B583 (between BL and BK) after a scheduled stop has completed. It may be tricky though if you have too much traffic or if a misroute happened.

To analyze it further, we would need at least a list of trains (schedules) involved in this. Better yet, if you run the standard or premium version of the territory, you can save the game state, and send the saved file to customer service. and we can try to determine what the situation is - and how to get out of it.

Regards,
Your WebRailRoader Team

tomwhite56

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 10:43:21 AM »
It was me, I'm quite sure.   :D :D :D

tomwhite56

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »
This has happened several times now.  I don't believe I was correct in the first place when I said I had routed the train.  These are coming from BK (directed by the BK dispatcher who asks for the entrance point),  and going out to BL, whatever that is, and becoming another train.  I have a game in a saved state and a screenshot.  How do I send them to customer service?

Thank you!

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

There are three possibilities to get into a stuck situation with no apparent way to get out: either it is the dispatchers fault, a problem in the schedule, or a problem in the software.

For this territory, you should be able to get any train out of B583 (between BL and BK) after a scheduled stop has completed. It may be tricky though if you have too much traffic or if a misroute happened.

To analyze it further, we would need at least a list of trains (schedules) involved in this. Better yet, if you run the standard or premium version of the territory, you can save the game state, and send the saved file to customer service. and we can try to determine what the situation is - and how to get out of it.

Regards,
Your WebRailRoader Team

DPump

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 04:14:09 PM »
Place them as attachment in an email to custserv@webrailroader.com