Author Topic: Indicator boxes for switches and signals  (Read 1854 times)

westdetroit

Indicator boxes for switches and signals
« on: August 07, 2021, 08:46:46 PM »
Hi. Just wondering if it might be possible to have a "box" appear around each switch or signal when the cursor hovers over them to make it easier to select each signal or switch? Just my experience that sometimes I accidentally click on the wrong switch when two switches are side by side. Also, maybe have a "box" appear around each switch that is locked either by a route that is lined over it or locked by the user just to make them easier to see which ones are locked especially on larger layouts? I got the idea from the ATCS group that I am in.

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Indicator boxes for switches and signals
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 05:45:42 PM »
The idea to show boxes where the cursor hovers seems to be taken from the traindispatcher,  am I right?

I have now developed a way to do just that, but there are still some details to figure out. However,  the box will show on any grid no matter what is in there. Also, it will work for the editor (the trackbuilder does not have it!)

As far as the  locked switches are concerned - I haven't made up my mind yet. I know at least for user-locked switches they're made quite noticeable in real life prototypes,  but especially for slip switches it can be quite crowded, since you have two switch motors and thus two user-locks in one grid element, which operate independently.

westdetroit

Re: Indicator boxes for switches and signals
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »
Yes with the exception that boxes would appear around over switches locked by a lined route as well. Currently there's a bar like symbol over switches locked by a route.