Author Topic: All trains running max speed of approximately 45 mph  (Read 5978 times)

westdetroit

All trains running max speed of approximately 45 mph
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:21:36 AM »
At some point of my Toledo West (Elkhart-Toledo) sim, in standard mode as I'm still waiting on my full version code via email, all trains were running approximately 45 mph, give or take a couple of miles, was it something I did wrong or is it a "bug"? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Jim

DPump

• Administrator
Re: All trains running max speed of approximately 45 mph
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:29 AM »
All traintypes?

In this territory, only Amtrak, Intermodal and Multi-level (autos) are train types allowed to travel faster than 48 mph (76, 58, 53, respectively). The other three are not allowed to go faster.

If you hover the mouse over a block, you can see the speed limit information in the status field, like "SPD = 50/70/...". Those limits are not higher than set for the types overall themselves.

Speed limits may be reduced by slow order. If that is the case, he speed limit information mentioned above will look like "SPD = *25/*25/...", and the block affected will be displayed in light blue instead of the normal white if free.

Having said that, and without any further information (as of yet), we will monitor and watch the issue to see if something unusual or unintended shows up. Of course, if you have more information, please let us know. If there is definitely something wrong, you can also save the game status and send the saved file over to us.

Your WebRailRoader
Detlef

westdetroit

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »
Yes, even Amtraks with no trains in front (that would make me a poor DS lol) and in sections where they should be doing 76 or so. I'm not sure if it was when I continued after saving or not. I received my paid full version and was running the sim again, but like a lot of us "men" I tend to learn from trial and error lol and I tried cancelling a route while WDBR01 was reversing back west past CP 412 and when it cancelled it dropped the signal and routed the route that I had previously set under him and derailed him and when I tried to call maintenance I kept getting a message that the maintenance dpt. could not find him and my only option was "Ok" so I had to end that session. So there may be two bugs as I think maintenance can't "find" trains while they are reversing. Trust me, I'm not knocking this program but merely pointing out what I am observing as I really like this program and what you guys have accomplished, which I could name them but you guys already have so I won't get redundant about those. I will restart that route again but it will take a while as I run the clock at 1:2 due to how busy it can be. Just something that I found worked well for me in TD3. I will get back with the results. If I remember correctly all the other trains were running at track speed at the beginning but by the time Amtraks were on they was running at the same speeds. I didn't notice it until Amtrak but I had already saved a couple of times by that point. It's hard to type everything so maybe you guys can call me if you want? I would love to help as I think this program has real potential....

Thanks,
Jim
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:26:39 AM by westdetroit »

westdetroit

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
Here's a pic of the current scenario that I am running and already TV-200 is running only 42 MPH with the closest train in front of him at Butler:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:12:49 PM by westdetroit »

westdetroit

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »
One last reply. I sent you guys a copy of my saved game via email. I hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Jim

DPump

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 12:46:10 PM »
Just an update - we know why this is happening, even the root cause of it. In simple terms, the brake and acceleration factor, which determine how efficient the rates are, are such that the trains appear to be ridiculously heavy in some territories. Because of the weight the trains have to be driven so cautiously and so the max speed limit cannot be reached.

Right now we have re-worked that area and testing it, and it appears that now it works more reasonably.

The release of corrections will be later announced.

westdetroit

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
 8) Great job guys!! Thank you!

DPump

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »
This thing has been corrected in all our territories along with an update of CTC itself.

See the announcement for CTC Release 3.20 in this forum.

westdetroit

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
 8)  Great news! Thank you guys and keep up the hard work!