Author Topic: Phone not working  (Read 797 times)

westdetroit

Phone not working
« on: September 13, 2021, 06:39:55 PM »
The phone will not display when I go to call a train therefore I cannot give any trains any commands....

DPump

• Administrator
Re: Phone not working
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 06:24:43 AM »
This issue has been resolved via Email communication, but for the benefit of the general audience the resolution will be posted here.

Since CTC Release 5.4 the last window position of the phone conversation will be saved in the user's profile. The next time you want to use the phone, the window will be placed right there where it was located before. So it is possible you don't remember it, it may be mostly out of the desktop area, obscured, or just maybe on the other monitor if you run a dual-monitor system. It is also possible to minimize the window (like you do a layman's do-not-disturb by placing the handset next to the base in real life). In all these cases you can see the CTC phone window represented in the taskbar.

There is a general window's procedure to restore and move the window with just the keyboard.

Select the window using alt-tab or from the taskbar, make it non-minimized if it is minimized (move your cursor to a small pic that will appear just above the CTC phone entry in the taskbar). With the window now active, press alt+space and then "m". Use the cursor keys to move it around - you should see it eventually. Press Enter to settle.

This works for any window, not just for CTC. And yes, you can google it for further details.

Your WebRailRoader Team
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:41:05 AM by DPump »

westdetroit

Re: Phone not working
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 06:40:31 AM »
Thank you very much assisting me with my issue. 👍👍